June 26th, 2012
MailChimp is one of the most popular email software services used in the marketplace today. Noted for their high deliverability rates and user-friendly website, many marketers use MailChimp as their primary platform to efficiently communicate with customers.
Since Covideo provides a service that allows users to host private videos and track their view history, we are often asked by customers how to embed video in MailChimp. Here it goes:
If you have a Covideo account: (If you do NOT have a Covideo account, free version available here)
1) Log into your CoVideo account.
2) In your Video Library find a video you wish to embed from the list of titles.
3) In the “Post Links” column to the right, click on the blue box that corresponds with your video.
4) A window will pop up with three tabs at the top. Click on the Marketing tab then select MailChimp from the provider dropdown menu.
5) Copy the embed code.
6) Log into MailChimp and open the editing tool for the message in which you want to embed your video.
7) Hover your mouse over the specific area where the video should go and click on the “Edit” option that pops up.
8) Click the button to the far right that says “Source”.
10) Copy and paste the source code from your Covideo account into the page.
11) Click “Save” and preview the message. You just embedded video into your MailChimp message!
To watch a quick video demonstration on the steps outlined above, CLICK HERE!
This copy-and-paste method can actually be used to embed videos into a wide range of CRM and email marketing tools. The bonus for you: by using the Covideo marketing source code, viewers are tracked as if the video was sent directly from the Covideo system – with full reporting available in your account back office.
Jason Price is the president and co-founder of www.covideo.com. Covideo provides video email software that helps companies build relationships quickly and reinforce their brands more effectively with easy-to-make video emails that truly communicate. firstname.lastname@example.org.