We put together this walk-through of Live Conference to highlight the features and easy-to-use nature of the product.
Each section includes a video to demonstrate the functionality and options available for your use.
Live Conference Requirements
- 1.5 GB RAM, 1.8 GHz Processor Speed
- Bandwidth for Live Conference:
- Upload – 750 kbps minimum
- Download – 750 kbps minimum
- Suggested 200 kbps per feed (per live presenter)
- Example: 6 presenters x 200 kbps = 1200 kbps
- Check your speed at www.speedtest.net
- If a presenter, set of earbuds or a headset
- Your camera manufacturer requirements
Creating a Live Conference
- Log in to your account at www.covideo.com
- Click on Live Conference
- Click on Set Up New Conference
- Fill out the conference title and the number of presenters (people on the screen, up to 12)
- Create Conference Now or Schedule Conference
Joining a Live Conference
- As a conference creator
- Click on “Join” from the back office
- As an attendee (from the website)
- Go to www.covideo.com then Join Meeting
- Fill out your name, meeting # and the email address
- Click on Join Event
- As an attendee (from the meeting invitation)
- Click on Join Event
- On the next page, click on Join Event and once the conference loads, if you are supposed to be one of the presenters, click on one of the seats available.
Changing Camera and Microphone Settings
- Once you have clicked on one of the seats available, click on Settings then the camera or the microphone icon.
- Audio on a Mac (if your audio is cutting in and out)
- Click on System Preferences
- Click on Sound
- Click on Input, choose a device for sound input, adjust the settings for the selected device to the right and make sure that the box for “Use ambient noise reduction” is unchecked.
- Follow the instructions from above to adjust your camera/mic settings within the conference.
Live Conference Features
- Toggle Attendees – to see a list of the current attendees in your Live Conference
- Seat Count – add/remove seats and toggle between Live Conference and Live Presentation
- Yes/No – ask questions to your attendees
- Font Size – adjust the size of the font in the chat box
- Edit Stream – adjust the quality of the video stream; by default at 60%
- End Meeting – end your current session