No matter how entertaining or informational your video emails are if they lack an effective call-to-action their marketing value is limited. All that great content you’re sending, establishing an emotional connection with your audience, reaps few benefits if viewers aren’t motivated to interact with your business once the video is finished playing.
Video email calls-to-action can:
- Direct viewers to links on the video email template (to webpages, documents or additional videos).
- Be used in conjunction with web overlay to prep viewers before landing on a form submission page
- Drive traffic to a website, blog or social media site
- Be embedded in website videos to promote sales, discounts and promo codes
- Generate leads when using a Covideo Capture Page
- Gain feedback from your prospects and customers
- Establish you as a trusted resource
- Improve future open rates and engagement
So how do you add an effective call-to-action to your videos?
1. Plan of Action – Before you start working on a video, determine what action you want your viewers to take after they watch it. Once you have that nailed down, incorporate a call-to-action into your script that simply and directly guides viewers to that action. For example, if you are promoting a webinar, tell viewers how to register (i.e. click on the ‘Register Now’ link to the right of the video screen).
2. Give a Reason – Let viewers know why they should take action. Is your product on sale for a limited time? Is your event ‘reservation’ only? Is the information you’re offering only available as a download from that email? Present reasons that inspire viewers to act.
3. The Payoff – Ultimately, people need to see the benefits of responding. Clearly state what they get for completing a registration form or downloading an ebook, and make sure the value is worth the effort required to obtain it. The adage ‘undersell and over deliver’ is particularly relevant here. People may respond to a great sounding offer once, but if the reality doesn’t match the promise, you will be hard pressed to get them to engage the next time around.
Jamie Bidwell is a team member at www.covideo.com. Covideo provides video email software that helps companies build relationships quickly and reinforce their brands more effectively with easy-to-make video emails that truly communicate. firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you find this article useful? Let us know what you think!