Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: September 2022
IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
Please read these Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) carefully as they govern your use of (which includes access to) Covideo, LLC’s (“Covideo”) sales enablement tools and products (collectively, the “Covideo Platform”) and any audio and visual content of any text, videos, still images or other media recorded, uploaded, or otherwise entered into the Covideo Platform (“Content”).
By signing up for, or otherwise using, the Covideo Platform, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you must not use the Covideo Platform or access any Covideo services.
I. The Tools we provide
Covideo builds sales enablement tools to build stronger connections. We may from time to time offer limited use or promotional offers related to the Covideo Platform. We reserve the right to terminate any such offers at any time at our sole discretion. Any videos, presentations, contact lists or other data, information stored in your account during such offers may be permanently lost when the offer is terminated if you elect not to subscribe to the service.
II. Onboarding and Subscription
After accepting these Terms, you will provide registration and payment information to Covideo. You assure Covideo that all such information is accurate, current and complete. It is your responsibility to provide Covideo with updated information as changes occur. Failing to provide ongoing accurate, current and complete registration and payment may result in the immediate cancellation of the Covideo Platform and the loss of any videos, presentations, contact lists or other data stored in your account.
You will pay us the fees described on the Order Form within thirty (30) days from the invoice date without offset or deduction. If you do not make a payment when due, without limiting our other rights and remedies, we may suspend or terminate your access to any portion or all of the Covideo Platform until your account is paid in full. All fees and other amounts payable by you under these Terms are exclusive of taxes and similar assessments. You are responsible for all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental or regulatory authority on any amounts payable by you, other than any taxes imposed on our income.
You agree to promptly pay, upon written demand, all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in connection with the collection of overdue fees. If any legal action or proceeding shall be commenced at any time by either party, Covideo shall be entitled to reimbursement of its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in connection therewith, in addition to all other relief to which Covideo may be entitled.
If you sign up for an annual pre-payment fee schedule, you agree to twelve (12) months of service to be re-billed on the anniversary of the initial purchase. In addition to the Covideo Platform, we offer ancillary products including custom email icons and video email templates, which are one-time fees, in addition to a monthly or annual subscription. The effective date of these Terms is the date on which your first subscription payment is received. Monthly billing will occur on that date or the first workday following that date.
You have the right to cancel your access to the Covideo Platform by providing a thirty (30) day written notice to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon cancellation, any stored videos, presentations, contact lists, and other data may be deleted and access to the Covideo Platform will be immediately terminated. You may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense or transfer the Covideo Platform, these Terms, or any of the rights granted herein.
We may terminate these Terms (including any additional terms and conditions incorporated herein and subject to Section 9) or suspend your access to the Covideo Platform at any time for any or no reason.
III. Your Commitment to Covideo
To use these tools, you agree you are eighteen (18) years of age, have read and accept these Terms, and have the legal authority to enter into these Terms. You further agree you will not a) use our Covideo Platform for any unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, or fraudulent purpose, b) infringe or violate someone else’s rights, including intellectual property rights, and c) not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Covideo Platform. We may remove data that is in violation of these Terms.
When you provide content to the Covideo Platform that is covered by intellectual property rights, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
IV. Covideo’s Commitment to you
To provide these tools, we will collect personal and payment information necessary to open and maintain your account as well as bill you on your monthly anniversary date for uninterrupted service.
We may add, modify or delete features on the Covideo Platform at our sole discretion without prior notice to you.
From time to time, we will make services and products available to you that are in Beta Testing. We will clearly communicate the Beta status of any such service or product to the you with the understanding that such services and products may not consistently function due to unsolved technical issues. During Beta test use, you may be asked for feedback without compensation on the performance of the service to help enhance the development of the service.
V. Your Rights and Responsibilities
Except as otherwise provided herein, you have the right to use the Covideo Platform for as long as you maintain a current paid subscription. This includes the right to record, upload, store and email videos and still images, create and upload Power Point Presentations and videos for Live Presentation and to conduct Live Conferences. Thus, you authorize the collection, storage and use, by us and our affiliates, partners and agents, of any information or data that you provide to the Covideo Platform and any information and data related to or derived from your use of the Covideo Platform. This authorization survives termination. You have no rights to trademarks of Covideo or its affiliates in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without our prior written consent.
You have the right to choose your own available username and password for accessing the Covideo Platform and to change your password at your discretion. You have the responsibility to protect you username and password to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
You have the right to change any personal and/or credit card information by going into the billing tab within the Covideo Platform.
VI. Your Conduct
You agree that you are solely responsible for the audio and visual content of any text, videos, still images or other media recorded, uploaded or otherwise entered into the Covideo Platform. You understand and acknowledge that you are not permitted by these Terms to enter, store, send or otherwise convey any material using the Covideo Platform that is unlawful by state or federal laws, regulations or standards, or, are reasonably considered to be abusive, threatening, obscene or otherwise morally objectionable by community standards. We may monitor your content entered and stored on the Covideo Platform to assure that our Covideo Platform is not used for these prohibited purposes. We reserve the right to immediately delete any objectionable materials without notice to you and to terminate access to your account. While we retain the right to monitor and remove content from your services, we deny any responsibility for such content. We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to us.
You also agree to comply with any and all federal anti-spam laws when sending video emails. We do not permit the transmission of unsolicited bulk email (UBE) or unsolicited commercial email (UCE) known collectively as spam nor do we permit the use, sale or development of software that intentionally hides or alters the origin of the sender. We further prohibit the sale of bulk email lists containing unauthorized and/or unconfirmed email addresses or the sale of other spam friendly material.
You agree that you will not in any way attempt to copy, change, modify or capture any source codes, software or service(s) provided by us without express written consent from us.
We may offer you suggested uses and applications of the Covideo Platform for improving communication, management, and service; however, we offer no guarantees that the use of the Covideo Platform and services will deliver any specific results or benefits intended or expected by you.
We work hard to provide the best products, however, you understand and expressly agree that use of the Covideo Platform is provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that it always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that it will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Covideo Platform. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
VIII. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Covideo Platform better for you and your teams. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We may modify or amend these Terms by including a link to such revised Terms at the log-in screen. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Covideo Platform.
These Terms and the associated Order Form constitute the entire understanding of the parties. They supersede any prior agreements. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent. These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Covideo, its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of or in connection with the following: (i) your access to or use of the Covideo Platform or third party content and services; (ii) your breach of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of law; (iv) your negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) your violation of the rights of a third party, including the infringement by you of any intellectual property or misappropriation of any proprietary right or trade secret of any person or entity. These obligations will survive any expiration or termination of the Terms.
For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Covideo Platform (“Claim”), you agree any Claim will be resolved exclusively in the Delaware Court of Chancery (and if the Delaware Court of Chancery shall be unavailable, any Delaware State court and the Federal court of the United States of America sitting in the State of Delaware). You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such Claim, and that the laws of the State of Delaware will govern these Terms and any Claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND AS SEPARATELY BARGAINED-FOR CONSIDERATION, EACH PARTY HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, SUIT, PROCEEDING, OR COUNTERCLAIM OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS.
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Covideo Platform except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the Application was obtained. You represent and warrant that You are not (x) located in any country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, or (y) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties including the Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. You also agree that You will not use the Covideo Platform for any purposes prohibited by applicable law. We are not currently servicing the European Union at this time.
The following sections shall survive termination: Sections 2 (Onboarding and Subscription), 3 (Your Commitment to Covideo), 5 (Your Rights and Responsibilities), 6 (Your Conduct), 7 (Continuity), 9 (Additional Provisions) , as well as any other sections of these Terms that, either explicitly or by their nature, must remain in effect even after termination of these Terms.
The developer of the Covideo Platform is Covideo, LLC. Questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Covideo Platform should be directed to: email@example.com.
The Covideo Platform is Copyright © COVIDEO, LLC 2022. All rights reserved.
Third Party Terms of Service: YouTube ToS
Third Party Terms of Service: Amazon ToS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
- WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- job titles
- contact preferences
- contact or authentication data
- billing addresses
- mailing addresses
- debit/credit card numbers
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Stripe and Intacct. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here:
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?” below.
Application Data. If you use our application(s), we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s contacts, microphone, camera, calendar, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our application(s), we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, and information about the features of our application(s) you accessed.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application(s). If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our application(s), for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below).
- To protect our Services. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
- Analyze how our services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties“) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Data Analytics Services
- Finance & Accounting Tools
- Cloud Computing Services
- Communication & Collaboration Tools
- Data Storage Service Providers
- Payment Processors
- Performance Monitoring Tools
- Sales & Marketing Tools
- Social Networks
- User Account Registration & Authentication Services
We also may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
6. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Services offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, and profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on such a social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Services. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use, and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
7. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?” above), in the United States, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. However, we will take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses:
We have implemented measures to protect your personal information, including by using the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies and between us and our third-party providers. These clauses require all recipients to protect all personal information that they process originating from the EEA or UK in accordance with European data protection laws and regulations. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than two (2) months past the termination of the user’s account.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
10. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE” to the SMS messages that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com.
12. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
13. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- (1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name||
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information||
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information||
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements||
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information||
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
Covideo, LLC collects and shares your personal information through:
- Targeting cookies/Marketing cookies
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal information.
Covideo, LLC has not sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. Covideo, LLC has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Category A. Identifiers, such as contact details like your real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name.
- Category B. Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information.
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information for a business or commercial purpose can be found under “WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?“.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data — Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed — Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
14. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
15. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
6235 Guilford Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46220
16. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: http://www.covideo.com/datarequest.