Creative Ideas for Your Next Email Subject Line
Think of an email subject line like a window to a store, it gives viewers a sneak peek of what’s inside!
Your subject line is often the reason someone clicks or, yep, deletes your email.?
Forty–sevenpercent of emails are opened or discarded based solely on their subject line.
But don’t fret! We’ve compiled a list of eye-catching subject lines to dazzle and attract more clicks.
Pro tip! Using the word “video” in the subject line boosts open rates by 19% and reduces unsubscribe instances by 26%HubSpot
Maybe you want something simple like…
- [Video] Why Covideo? I’ll tell you in 30 seconds
- Brian: A Video For You!
- (Video) Covideo + you
- A Video For Jill
- Ever received a video email? Now you have!
Or, maybe you’ve got a unique video to share…
- Dogs + Video = The BEST email
- Video of your wedding venue!
- **This Email Contains An Epic Video**
- Video performance update!
- This is a video from the future ?
Personalized Subject Lines
Take a few minutes to read your prospect’s company bio or scan their LinkedIn profile. People are more likely to open your email if it triggers something relevant to them or mentions their names. You may come across something that will inspire a subject headline.
- I’m also from _____!
- Emma N. referred you to me! Let’s chat ?
- Best camping spots in _____
- So, you speak three languages…
Out-of-the-box Subject Lines
- I’m going to be honest with [Company Name]…
- Pineapple on pizza…Yay or nay?
- Are you struggling with (name the pain point)? Here are 3 solutions.
- What do you think of this subject line?
- Hot take: Tuesdays are the new Mondays
- You deserve the best (here’s what it looks like)
Tweaking a subject line is a simple solution if you’re having a hard time getting consumers to view your email.
It’s human to want to work with people you like, so add something silly or thought-provoking to your next subject line. Like window shopping, whatever is out on display can make or break the consumer’s next move.
So, dazzle them with a spunky, original subject headline!