Live Presentation now has a desktop sharing feature that allows you to share your screen with up to 10 people.
In response to user queries, we’ve put together the steps involved in sharing your desktop as a presenter and viewing the presenter’s desktop as a guest.
To share your desktop as a presenter:
1. Login to your presentation (same as when joining a Live Presentation).
2. Click on one of the presenter seats.
3. Click on Share Desktop next to the Video tab on the menu bar.
4. Run the file titled Covideo.exe ( depending on the browser such as FireFox and Chrome you will first have to save the file then double click on it to run).
5. Once the download is complete, you will see the message “Sharing Started Successfully.”
6. Your desktop sharing is now in session.
7. To stop your desktop share, click on Stop Sharing. To resume, click on Start Sharing.
8. To go back to the main presentation, close or minimize the desktop share window, then maximize the Live Presentation window in your browser.
9. To view comments from other guests anytime during the desktop share session, click on the minimized Live Presentation window at the bottom in your taskbar.
To view the presenter’s desktop as a guest:
1. Login to the presentation (same as Live Presentation).
2. Once in the presentation, click on View Desktop in the top right corner.
3. Run the file called Viewer.exe ( depending on the browser such as FireFox and Chrome you will first have to save the file then double click on it to run).
4. Once this downloads, you will see a “Loading” message then you will see the presenter’s desktop.
5. To ask questions and send comments, maximize the original Live Presentation page from your taskbar and type your questions/comments in the chat box.
If you have multiple presenters in the Live Presentation, to view another person’s desktop, the person that wants to share their desktop would click on Share Desktop and run the program, and then the person that is trying to view it would click on View Desktop and run the program.
To switch desktop sharing from one presenter to another, the presenter currently sharing would close the active session.
The next presenter wishing to share their desktop would click on Share Desktop and run the program. After the application runs and the message ‘desktop sharing has started’ is displayed, the previous presenter needs to click on View Desktop and rerun the program.