How to get more customers as a car salesman
Use Covideo to engage your leads, get car buyers on the lot, and walking out of your dealership with new keys in hand.
Sell more cars with video messaging
It’s time to enhance the car buying experience with video – stand out from your competition, bring more buyers into your dealership, and increase car sales.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is the go-to video platform for dealerships used to easily record, send and track personalized video messages – from the initial lead follow up to car walkarounds and the final vehicle-sold “thank you.”
Build trust from the start
Don’t send the same generic lead response that other dealerships are sending. Beat out the competition and make a good first impression by responding to internet leads with a video email or text introducing yourself and your dealership. Or, record car walkarounds offering customers a 360 ̊ video of a particular vehicle, highlighting special features, color and condition.
Keep buyers engaged
Eliminate no-shows by notifying your leads with personalized video email and let them know you’re looking forward to their upcoming appointment. Or, send a customized follow-up to “be-backs”, get them back in the door, and regain their business. Going the extra mile and providing excellent customer service builds customer confidence and your rapport.
Provide superior service
Eliminate the doubt surrounding service repairs. Use video to build trust and transparency with verified, recommended repairs. Offering excellent service will keep people coming back and generate customer referrals.
How to Get More Customers as a Car Salesman
It’s no secret that every car salesperson wants to be on top of the leaderboard. We will show you everything you need to know to succeed from how to sell cars at a dealership, to increasing car sales leads and overall dealership sales. More specifically, we will cover:
- How to be a car salesman
- Auto dealership marketing ideas
- Creative ways to sell more cars
- Tips for being a successful car salesman
How to become a car salesman
Becoming a car salesman or woman is a special role to take on. With that, the car salesman must be heavily educated and interested in all types of cars, different models, features they offer, etc. in order to excel at their job. To start off being a car salesman there are no special certifications needed. Knowledge is power and the best way to excel is to help guide buyers to select the best car based on their needs and wants. However, every dealership is going to have different requirements and a different onboarding process. Some may share some effective car selling strategies that they use, or you could do research on your own online, some may offer car salesman training, or talk to other professionals in the industry to gather some tips. Learn more about the ins and outs of becoming a car salesman and the requirements here. We will cover some strategies to sell more cars, how to be a successful salesman, and some auto dealer marketing tips that will help get more leads.
Marketing ideas for car salesman
A marketing strategy is a great way to get more car sales leads. It’s the first step in attracting customers to your dealership and getting your name out there. Here are a few auto sales marketing ideas to help get your wheels turning:
- Encourage customer reviews on website / Google / Facebook
- Ask for referrals – word of mouth is one of the most powerful car sales marketing methods
- Use social media
- Give unique offers/deals
- Update your website regularly
- Use video
Of course, there are more car sales marketing strategies out there. These are just a few important and big ones. Mixing and combining any or all of these will increase your chances of being successful. These strategies can be useful for any stage of the sales process, whether it be used for learning how to prospect for car sales or at the end when thanking them for their business.
How to increase vehicle sales
While marketing tactics bring in leads, they don’t get customers into the dealership. That is just the start of the sales process. It takes more than just marketing, it takes extra car selling techniques like video. Using video in the sales process is the next step in becoming a better car salesman or woman. It is all about personalizing the buying process, building trust right off the bat, and going the extra mile for your lead or client. Not sure how to sell more cars at a dealership while things are virtual or people don’t want to come in? Covideo is the way to go. The video platform and the following use cases will help you and your dealership still thrive in this virtual world.
Covideo is a video messaging tool designed for dealerships to record and send videos at ease. We were the first platform to the market, so we understand the needs and wants of dealerships extensively. Everyone knows that the first step is to get that lead or customer in the door, in the dealership. Using video is a great avenue to get them there through initial introductions, vehicle walkarounds, follow ups, and thank yous. Use cases for video in the auto industry are endless, but these are just a few important car salesman tactics to use with video instead of the traditional way:
- Introduction Videos: Make a great first impression with a friendly initial introduction video for your leads. You should wave, smile, have the lead`s name written on a whiteboard, and discuss next steps.
- Car walkarounds: Your customer doesn’t have time to come into the dealership yet? No worries, invite them in with a 360 degree vehicle walkaround of the car they are interested in. You should highlight special features, color, condition, or showcase additional inventory on your lot. Covideo has a specific partnership with WheelsTV which allows you to use one of their polished, pre-recorded walkaround videos.
- Appointment Reminders: No one likes getting stood up. To prevent that and increase show rate, send video reminders for upcoming appointments. You should provide any necessary details or documents that they will need for the upcoming appointment in the message as well. Notify your buyer about any changes to the sales process during social distancing, and outline the actions you are taking to assure a safe visit.
- Thank You Videos: Any person in sales will tell you that relationships are everything. Continue that relationship with your customers by sending a personalized thank you message after a deal is complete. This is also a great time to ask for referrals.
How to be a successful car salesman
Whether you are looking for how to be a great car salesman, or better yet, how to be the best car salesman, check out these tactics to incorporate into your videos and your approach:
- Make a good, lasting first impression
- Build customer confidence and trust with top notch customer service. Avoid using any untrustworthy sales phrases like “To be honest.”
- Save buyers time by showing different vehicles on the lot with video – this way they dont have to come to the dealership till they are ready for a test drive
- Always follow up and say thank you – whether that’s after they come in for test drive, or bought a car
- Be patient, not pushy
- Listen to the buyer’s wants and guide them to choosing the proper vehicle – ie. if they say they like to travel and have kids then offer suggestions with lots of storage space and room in the back.
- Discuss the price last
- Treat all customers and leads equally. Don’t spend too much time and effort on one and not the other
- Don’t trash talk your competitors, put a positive twist on it – ie. do not say “Oh, Dealership X offers terrible warranties. I don’t think you’ll find what you want there,” say “We’re offering a five-year warranty on all new cars. This offer is exclusive to our dealership!“
The best car selling techniques involve video. You can use video for just about anything throughout the sales process. Take the above tips on selling a car and incorporate them into your video and approach!
Start getting more customers as a car salesman
As you read, this article was all about helping you be the best car salesperson you can be to get to the top of the leaderboard. It all starts out with a passion to become a car salesperson. Knowledge is power and you must be heavily educated and interested in all types of cars, different models, features they offer, etc. Every dealership is going to have different requirements and a different onboarding process, but doing the research and finding the right practices for you, is most important. After becoming a salesperson, it becomes all about how to sell a car at a dealership. The first step in attracting customers to your dealership and getting your name out there. There are many different automotive dealer marketing strategies to do that- social media, referrals, offers/deals, and video.
Using video in the sales process is the next step in bettering your approach. It personalizes the buying process, builds trust right off the bat, and shows you go the extra mile for your leads and customers. Especially with the virtual environment, Covideo is the best platform to keep your dealership competitive. Covideo is a video messaging tool designed for dealerships to record and send videos at ease. Some common use cases include introduction videos, vehicle walkarounds, follow ups, appointment reminds, and thank yous. Just remember to wave, smile, and personalize the video for each lead or customer. Video can only get you so far, your approach and attitude play a huge part too. When meeting with a customer:
- Don’t be pushy
- Build trust with them
- Always follow up and say thank you
- Listen to all their needs and wants. Tailor your car search to meet those requirements
- Treat everyone equally
Making improvements takes time. Request a demo to see these tips in action to help you climb your way to the top!