Using personalized video to sell more cars
Drive more sales by including video in your car dealership marketing strategy. With video messaging, you will increase your contact ratio, appointment set-to-show ratio, and sell more cars.
Record with ease
Record personalized, one-off videos using your smartphone or webcam.
Upload existing materials like marketing videos to utilize all of your video assets.
Record your screen, your face, or both using Covideo’s Chrome extension.
Create a comprehensive library of video content you can use over and over.
Customize your approach
Include customizable buttons that drive engagement and set clear next steps.
Video landing page
Opt for a custom-created landing page or select from our ready-to-use designs.
Add captions to ensure accessibility and reinforce your message.
Control of colors and design of your video player to fit your brand.
Send from anywhere
Send your videos via email, text messaging or from your CRM.
Share videos on social media or send them via direct message.
Drive traffic to relevant sites by laying your video over the URL of your choice.
Send with confidence knowing your videos won’t get caught in spam filters.
Track your success
Receive real-time notifications that alert you when your videos are viewed.
Gain powerful insights through analytics that track views, engagement, & clicks.
Leverage team reporting to drive adoption and see where you’re winning.
How To Sell More Cars
Car dealerships are using video as a powerful solution to sell more cars. Using video in the sales process helps you deliver a personalized car buying experience directly to your customer, in the safety and comfort of their home. In this article, we’ll walk through how to sell more cars with video messaging during social distancing and beyond. Here’s a summary of what to expect:
- How to sell more cars at a dealership
- How to be a successful car salesman
- Unique car dealership ideas
- Automotive marketing strategies
- Car selling tips
How to Sell More Cars at Your Dealership
In today’s digital age, consumers have more options than ever before when it comes to purchasing a car (carvana, online, leasing, FB marketplace, etc.).The industry has seen a significant shift to online buying. Buyers are spending more time researching their next vehicle online before coming to the dealership. As a result, the McKinsey report claims the average buyer only visits 1.6 auto dealerships while car shopping. Ten years ago, this average was 5 dealerships. Video is how to sell more cars in this new, challenging environment. Dealerships can still be at an advantage if they use the right car sales strategies, like video. The car buying process is an emotional, expensive experience and most people want to see it in person before purchasing. For instance, you would never buy a house without walking through it at least once. In this article, we will cover how to increase vehicle sales at your dealerships and some creative ways to sell more cars.
New Way Of Selling Cars
As mentioned above, McKinsey report says the average buyer visits just 1.6 auto dealerships while car shopping. Ten years ago, this average was 5 dealerships. This is a result of individuals doing the majority of their research online before coming into a dealership. But, the good news is that once you get the buyer on the lot, chances are pretty high that they will make a purchase at your dealership. Wondering how to get the prospect in your store and how to sell more cars every month? The answer is simple – video!
Video is the new way of selling cars. It allows you to build trust from the start, humanizes the buying process even when you can`t be face-to-face, and increases engagement. Covideo is a video email platform designed for the auto industry. We were one of the first in the market starting back in 2004. We have grown and fluctuated with the ever changing needs of the consumers. With so many years of experience, we have a strong footing in the auto industry. Covideo makes it easy to record, send, and track personalized videos. With your Covideo account you have access to an account manager who can give your car salesman tips on how to effectively use video and some innovative car selling strategies.
Car Dealership Marketing Strategies To Attract Customers
The main focus of any dealership is getting the customer in the door and video is the best avenue on how to attract customers to car dealership. All the best car dealership marketing strategies include video, which is why Covideo is so successful. Covideo is a video email platform designed for the automotive industry that helps dealerships increase foot traffic. With Covideo you can easily record, send, and track personalized videos. Here are some common video use cases for using video throughout the automotive sales process:
First Response to Internet Leads
Introduce yourself and your dealership to make a lasting, personalized impression.
Record and send a 360 degree walk around of a particular vehicle to highlight special features, color, and condition. Use it to showcase additional inventory on the lot.
Send video reminders of an upcoming appointment to increase show rates. Relay any additional information that may be necessary, like Covid-19 precautions they may have to take while in the store.
Unsold Follow Up
Try to earn the prospect`s business by sending a personal follow up video email asking if they are still searching for a new vehicle.
Customer Thank Yous
The relationship doesn’t stop after the deal. Continue building the relationship after the transaction by sending a personalized thank you message and ask for any referrals.
The cases for using video in the auto industry truly are endless. These are just a few of many sales and marketing ideas for car salesman. Schedule a demo today and learn more about how video can increase car sales, ideas on personalized content, and how to effectively use video in the sales process!
How To Be A Good Car Salesman
Okay, now that you’ve heard the value of using personalized video in the sales process, you may still be wondering how to start and what to do. We’re here to share some of our favorite tips that we tell new Covideo customers during our car salesman training! These are just a few ideas that might help answer your questions of how good car salesman get leads and how to get more customers as a car salesman:
- Remember names and repeat them often. Saying the customer’s name may seem minute, but it is very important. It’s the first step in developing a relationship and makes the customer feel like you care. This is extremely important when sending an initial introduction to an internet lead. You have one shot to stand out amongst the other dealerships they’re likely requesting information from, make it count with a personalized video.
- Listen to the details and provide value. The best salespeople are good talkers but even better listeners. Take the time to listen to your customers and understand their wants and needs. Video is one of the best ways to empathize with your customers and build trust apart from in person interactions.
- Show the car beforehand. Buyers are more informed than ever before. We rely on google for insight on new features, compare pricing and learn about safety precautions – but pictures can only do so much justice. Before a customer even steps foot on the lot, record and send vehicle walkarounds videos showcasing the car(s) the buyer is interested in. This step creates convenience for the buyer, saving them time and energy as they determine what they are looking for in their next car.
- Stay in touch – even after the deal. Be sure to continue to follow up with your buyers – regardless of what stage they are in of the sales cycle. It’s important to follow up even after the sale is over. Send a personalized video email thanking them for choosing your dealership, and sending your best wishes that they enjoy their new car. Let them know you are here for their future needs, and this is a perfect opportunity to ask for referrals, having them send interested buyers your way.
- Be the first and last face they see. To be the best car salesman, your face should be the first interaction they have with your dealership – whether they contacted you in person or online. Establish that initial relationship and be by their side to help them through the entire process, and even after the sale is made.
- Provide the best car buying experience. Using personalized video throughout the car sales process is one of the most valuable ways you can continue building a relationship with your customers and provide the best possible car buying experience that will leave a lasting impression. Ultimately, if each customer has a positive experience, that’s the first step towards selling more cars.
If you put these strategies into practice, then you are well on your way to becoming a better car salesman, getting more customers, and selling more cars.
Now that you know how to sell a car at a dealership with video….
It is very apparent on how to increase sales in car dealership. Video increases engagement, builds trust, and gives the prospect an idea of what to expect before coming on the lot – which saves time. They are easy to record, and can be sent via text or email. Some video car selling techniques your car salesmen should consider are:
- Make eye contact. Look at the camera not the screen.
- Fix the lighting. Make sure the light source is in front of you.
- Maintain engagement. Aim to keep vehicle walkarounds under 2 minutes and non-walk arounds under 1 minute.
- Record horizontally. When recording vehicle walkarounds, flip your phone and record horizontally to get more of the car in the frame.
- Ditch the script. Reading word-for-word sounds rehearsed and impersonal. Instead, try delivering your message off-the-cuff so that it’s authentic and conversational.
- Power through mistakes. Trying to get a “perfect” take will lead to lots of frustration and wasted time. Little imperfections show you’re human, making you even more relatable.
- Include calls to action. To drive action, include clear next steps at the end of your videos.
Want to learn how to sell more used cars or new cars? Request a demo to talk to an automotive expert who will show you how other dealerships are using video and how to get more car sales.