How to send a video through Gmail
Adding video to your outreach engages your audience and drives action, leading to more connections and better outcomes.
Increase engagement and responses
Ready for a new and innovative approach to enhance your communication? Stand out in the inbox and get more responses with a video message.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track video emails. Cut through the noise with the simple solution built for smarter outreach.
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip impersonal interactions by incorporating personalized video emails into your outreach for prospecting, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Breakthrough the noise of a busy inbox by delivering eye-catching video email campaigns that engage your audience and drive action. Promote your next event, showcase your newest product, or share the people and stories behind your brand.
Delight customers with personalized experiences that keep them coming back and telling others. Reduce the risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding by providing a visual demonstration with a detailed explanation in video format.
How to Send a Video Through Gmail
There are many situations in which sending video messages through email can come in handy. Whether you’re in marketing, sales, or another industry, personalized communication is a lifesaver. Sending videos through email makes you more relatable, which raises your chances of getting a response too. But how do you email a video? In this article, we’ll discuss how to send a video through Gmail. We’ll outline specific steps for a couple of different methods to attach videos through email, including how to attach videos in Gmail (the traditional way), how to send a video through Gmail from a phone, and how to embed videos in Gmail using Covideo. When you get to the end of this post, you’ll know exactly how to email a video like a pro.
How to Send a Video Through Gmail via Attachment
The traditional method of sending videos, photos, and files through Gmail is to attach them to an email. Although this method is the most conventional and popular, it is not necessarily reliable. People assume that attaching videos to an email is the most secure and dependable way to send content, but they don’t consider Gmail video size limits. Gmail has a file size limit of 25MB, so it does restrict what you can and cannot send. If you’re sending a video or a file that is under 25MB, then sending an attachment can work for you. Below, we’ll outline the steps and show you how to attach videos to Gmail and how to send video in Gmail.
- Head over to Gmail to start composing your message.
- Click compose to start an email.
- At the bottom of the email, click the ‘attach’ button.
- Choose the file or video that you want to attach.
- Lastly, click open. Voila! You have successfully attached a video to your Gmail.
If you’re wondering how to send a large video through Gmail, you may have to follow a different method, which we’ll touch on below.
How To Send a Large Video Through Gmail
Because Gmail is pretty strict with its email size restrictions, it may be challenging to send larger files. Gmail’s size restrictions limit files to 25MB and under. If you’re wondering how to send a video through Gmail more than 25MB in size, we have the answers for you, and it just depends on your file sharing needs. Video file sizes depend on the format, the quality, the length of the video, as well as whether you’re sending more than one video attachment in an email. You may be wondering, how long is a 25 MB video exactly?
In most cases, you won’t be able to send a video more than one minute long, which is approximately how long a 25 MB video tends to be. To send longer videos, you’ll have to use a third-party platform specializing in sending videos. The best way to email videos is to use a platform or software that does all of the heavy lifting for you and compresses large videos to help you send them through Gmail. Covideo is one of the top third-party platforms that can help you send large videos without reducing your files’ quality. Covideo embeds your videos into the body of your email, so if you’re sending videos for business, it’s a great way to increase engagement and have your emails stand out.
To learn how to send a video through Gmail, schedule a demo with our video experts.
How to Send a Video Through Gmail with Covideo
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track video emails. Covideo lets you send personalized video through your favorite email channels, including Gmail. With this third-party platform, you can quickly and easily record videos with webcam recording and screen recording capabilities. Your videos are instantly uploaded to your Covideo library and can be pasted or embedded into any email. Below, we’ll show you to attach a video to an email using Covideo and how to send a video through email with the Covideo software.
The best way to send videos from Gmail with Covideo is to download our Chrome extension. Below, we’ll show you how to send video in Gmail and highlight two specific ways that you can use the Covideo extension to start sending videos through email.
How to record directly from Gmail
(With this method, you won’t even need to leave your email to start recording and sending):
- Open your Chrome browser and go to your Gmail inbox.
- Underneath the compose button in the top left corner, you will see the Covideo icon.
- Click on the Covideo icon and decide if you want to record yourself, your screen, or if you’re going to record both.
- To start recording, just click “Record.” Wait for the 3,2,1 countdown and then start recording your message.
- When you’re all finished, click “Stop recording.”
- After you’re done recording, you’ll be prompted to enter a title, pick a landing page, and choose calls-to-action for your video.
- When you’re finished, click “Upload video.”
- Once your video is uploaded, it can now be viewed in your video library. A new email composes window will open upon upload completion.
- You can either exit from the email window or add in the video you just recorded following the steps below.
Adding your recording to your email in Gmail:
- In your Gmail inbox, click compose in the top left corner.
- Add a recipient and a subject line to your email.
- To add your Covideo recording, hover over the Covideo icon in the bottom right of the compose window. As you hover over the icon, it will change to “Add video.”
- Click the “Add video” button.
- Your video library will immediately show up with your most recent video and recordings (including the one you just recorded in Gmail or on Chrome).
- Select the video you want to send or search in your video library using the search bar.
- At the top, select a landing page and call-to-action for your video.
- Click the “Insert video” button.
- Your video is now in your email. Include a short message, and you are ready to send!
It’s easy to embed a video in an email with Covideo. If you’re more of a visual learner, watch the quick tutorial below to learn more about how to use Covideo to embed and learn how to send a video through Gmail.
How to send video in Gmail on phone
If you’re trying to figure out how to send large video files from your iPhone or how to send large files in Gmail using a phone, look no further! Covideo offers a mobile app that makes it easy to email videos from your iPhone, Android, or any other smartphone device. With the Covideo mobile app, you can record videos on the application and send them immediately. You can also upload a video from your camera roll to send directly through the app. Below, we’ll outline the steps to show you how you can use Covideo’s mobile app to send large video files directly from your mobile device.
- Open the Covideo mobile app.
- Choose to record a new video, choose an existing video, or view your video library.
- After you select your video and click ‘save,’ you’ll see a few different options. To email your video, click ‘email video’; it’s that simple!
- After clicking ‘email video,’ the Covideo app will open up an email for you to send directly through the app.
- You can also select a copy link to copy your video’s link to send it through any of your other email applications or CRM platforms.
Sending Videos in Gmail Has Never Been Easier
We hope this article taught you some various options for how to send a video through Gmail and a new solution for how to send long videos on Gmail’s platform. Covideo makes it easy and hassle-free to send large videos. Unlike the traditional method of attaching videos to email, you won’t need to worry about the size of your video or reduce its quality. Make sure you sign up for Covideo’s free trial today and get instant access to our platform to start sending long videos through Gmail! You can also request a demo if you want to learn more and talk to someone from our team.
Start learning how to send video in Gmail today with a 7-day free trial! No credit card is required to sign up, so there’s no reason you can’t learn how to send a video through Gmail today.