The power of video
Covideo is the easiest way to learn how to send a video through Gmail so you can stay connected, anywhere.
Record with ease
Record personalized, one-off videos using your smartphone or webcam.
Upload existing materials like marketing videos to utilize all of your video assets.
Record your screen, your face, or both using Covideo’s Chrome extension.
Create a comprehensive library of video content you can use over and over.
Customize your approach
Include customizable buttons that drive engagement and set clear next steps.
Video landing page
Opt for a custom-created landing page or select from our ready-to-use designs.
Add captions to ensure accessibility and reinforce your message.
Control of colors and design of your video player to fit your brand.
Send from anywhere
Send your videos via email, text messaging or from your CRM.
Share videos on social media or send them via direct message.
Drive traffic to relevant sites by laying your video over the URL of your choice.
Send with confidence knowing your videos won’t get caught in spam filters.
Track your success
Receive real-time notifications that alert you when your videos are viewed.
Gain powerful insights through analytics that track views, engagement, & clicks.
Leverage team reporting to drive adoption and see where you’re winning.
How to Send a Video Through Gmail via Covideo
There are many situations in which sending video messages through email comes in handy. Whether you’re in marketing, sales, or other industries, personalized communication is a lifesaver. Sending videos through email makes you more relatable, and your chances of getting a response are higher too. But how do you email a video? In this article, we’ll discuss how to send a video through Gmail. We’ll outline specific steps for a couple of different methods to attach videos through email, including how to attach videos in Gmail (the traditional way), how to send a video through email from a phone, and how to embed videos in Gmail using Covideo. When you get to the end of this post, you’ll know exactly how to email a video like a pro.
How to Send a Video Through Gmail by Attachment
The most traditional method of sending videos, photos, and files through Gmail is to attach them to an email. Although this method is the most conventional and usually the one that people tend to gravitate for, it is not necessarily reliable. People assume that attaching videos to an email is the most secure and dependable way to send content, but they don’t consider Gmail video size limits. Gmail has a file size limit of 25MB, so it does restrict what you can and cannot send. If you’re sending a video or a file that is under 25MB, then this method of sending attachment can work for you. Below, we’ll outline the steps and show you how to attach videos to Gmail and how to send videos in Gmail.
- Step 1: Head over to Gmail to start composing your message.
- Step 2: Click compose to start an email.
- Step 3: At the bottom of the email, click the ‘attach’ button.
- Step 4: Choose the file or video that you want to attach.
- Step 5: Lastly, click open. Voila! You have successfully attached a video to your Gmail.
If you’re wondering how to send a large video through Gmail, you may have to follow a different method, which we’ll touch on below.
How To Send a Large Video Through Gmail
Because Gmail is pretty strict with its email size restrictions, it may be challenging to send larger files. Gmail’s size restrictions limit files to 25MB and under. If you’re wondering how to send a video on Gmail more than 25MB in size, we have the answers for you, and it just depends on your file sharing needs. Video file sizes depend on the format, the quality, the length of the video, or sending more than one video attachment in an email. You may be wondering, how long is a 25 MB video exactly?
In most cases, you won’t be able to send a video more than one minute long, which is approximately how long a 25 MB video tends to be. To send those longer videos, you’ll have to use a third-party platform specializing in sending videos. The best way to email videos is to use a platform or software that does all of the heavy liftings for you and compresses those large videos to help you send them through Gmail. Covideo is one of the top third-party platforms that can help you send large videos without reducing your files’ quality. Covideo embeds your videos into the body of your email, so if you’re sending videos for business, it’s a great way to increase engagement and have your emails stand out.
How to Send a Video Through Gmail with Covideo
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track video emails. Covideo lets you send personalized video through your favorite email channels, including Gmail. With this third-party platform, you can quickly and easily record videos with webcam recording and screen recording capabilities. Your videos are instantly uploaded to your Covideo library and can be pasted or embed into any email. Below, we’ll show you to attach a video to an email using Covideo and how to send a video through email with the Covideo software.
The best way to send videos from Gmail with Covideo is to download our Chrome Extension. Below, we’ll show you how to send videos in Gmail and highlight two specific ways that you can use Covideo extension to start sending videos through email.
How to record directly from Gmail (With this method, you won’t even need to leave your email to start recording and sending):
- Step 1: Open your Chrome Browser and go to your Gmail inbox.
- Step 2: Underneath the compose button in the top left corner, you will see the Covideo icon.
- Step 3: Click on the Covideo icon and decide if you want to record yourself, your screen, or if you’re going to record both.
- Step 4: To start recording, just click “Record.” Wait for the 3,2,1 countdown and start recording your message.
- Step 4: When you’re all finished, click “Stop recording.”
- Step 5: After you’re done recording, you’ll be prompted to enter a title, pick a landing page, and choose calls-to-action for your video.
- Step 6: When you’re finished, click “Upload video.”
- Step 7: Once your video is uploaded, it can now be viewed in your video library. A new email composes window will open upon upload completion.
- Step 8: You can either exit from the email window or add in the video you just recorded following the steps below.
Adding your recording to your email in Gmail:
- Step 1: In Gmail inbox, click compose in the top left corner.
- Step 2: Add a recipient and a subject line to your email.
- Step 3: To add your Covideo recording, in the bottom right of the compose window, you’ll see the Covideo icon. As you hover over the icon, it changes to “Add a video.”
- Step 4: Click the “Add video” button.
- Step 5: Your video library will immediately show up with your most recent video and recordings (including the one you just recorded in Gmail).
- Step 6: Select the video you want to send or search in your video library using the search bar.
- Step 7: At the top, select a landing page and call-to-action for your video.
- Step 8: Click the “Insert video” button.
- Step 9: Your video is now in your email. Include a short message, and you are ready to send!
It’s easy to embed a video in an email with Covideo. If you’re more of a visual learner, what the quick tutorial below to learn more about how to use Covideo to embed and send videos through Gmail
How to send videos through Gmail on phone
If you’re trying to figure out how to send large video files from your iPhone or how to send large files in Gmail using a phone, look no further! Covideo offers a mobile app that makes it easy to email videos from your iPhone, Android, or any other smartphone device. With the Covideo mobile app, you can either record videos on the application and send them immediately. You can upload a video from your camera roll to send directly through the app. Below, we’ll outline the steps to show you how you can use Covideo’s mobile app to send large video files directly from your mobile device.
- Step 1: Open the Covideo mobile app.
- Step 2: Choose to record a new video, choose an existing video, or view your video library.
- Step 3: After you select your video and click ‘save,’ you’ll see a few different options. To email, your video, click ‘email video’; it’s that simple!
- Step 4: After clicking ‘email video,’ the Covideo app will open up an email for you to send directly through the app
- Step 5: You can also select a copy link to copy your videos link to send through any of your other email applications or CRM platforms.
Sending Gmail Videos Has Never Been Easier
We hope this article taught you some various options for how to send a video through Gmail and a new solution for how to send long videos on Gmail’s platform. Covideo makes it easy and hassle-free to send large videos. Unlike the traditional method of attaching videos to email, you won’t need to worry about the size of your video or reduce its quality. Make sure you sign up for Covideo’s free trial today and get instant access to our platform to start sending long videos through Gmail! You can also request a demo if you want to learn more and talk to someone from our team.