Benefits of a private video hosting platform
Control viewing access, send via a branded video landing page, and access detailed analytics with a private video hosting platform.
Private video hosting site for businesses
Make video part of your everyday business communication with personalized video emails for sales, customer service, and more.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is a video hosting platform that allows you to record, send, and track personalized video emails. Increase engagement by sending your message on a branded video landing, with clickable, call to action buttons.
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip impersonal interactions by incorporating personalized video emails into your outreach for prospecting, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Breakthrough the noise of a busy inbox by delivering eye-catching video email campaigns that engage your audience and drive action. Promote your next event, showcase your newest product, or share the people and stories behind your brand.
Delight customers with personalized experiences that keep them coming back and telling others. Reduce the risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding by providing a visual demonstration with a detailed explanation in video format.
Private Video Hosting Platform
The best video sharing platforms can be used for a variety of different purposes, projects, and work scenarios! In this article, we’ll be exploring private video hosting platforms, their use cases, the benefits, and how to start using them. Some specific points that we’ll also touch on include:
- What is a video sharing service?
- Public vs. private video hosting platforms
- Benefits of private video hosting
- Best place to host private video
What are video hosting platforms?
Video hosting sites are an essential part of content creating and content sharing. Video hosting platforms allow you to upload, store, share, and play your videos on an online platform. The basic function of video hosting is to store and share videos, so they are accessible without taking up too much storage space and can easily be shared with others. To summarize that, video hosting is essentially the ability to store and share video content. A big reason that people use video hosting is to store and send large video files. Video files, which tend to take up a significant amount of storage space, can be difficult to send and share. Online video sharing platforms can make it a lot easier to share these types of files.
There are two different types of video sharing platforms – public and private. Private video sharing platforms can keep your videos more secure and limit who your audience is and who can view your videos. On the other hand, public video sharing platforms are meant for mass audiences. YouTube is a great example of a public video sharing platform. Let’s delve a little deeper into the differences between public or private video platforms.
Public vs. private video hosting
Public video hosting platforms are usually used for videos that are meant to be viewed by larger groups of people. Videos uploaded to these sites tend to not have private information included and are meant to be shared amongst mass audiences. YouTube video hosting and Vimeo video hosting are two examples of public video sharing platforms. These types of sites tend to be free video hosting platforms and can also have more limitations in terms of the kind of videos you can upload to their site. You also usually need to create an account before you can upload videos. When hosting your video publicly, it’s available for anyone and everyone to see. Public video hosting sites are a great option for:
- When you’re using video to reach a large audience and increase brand awareness. Online marketing videos can reach a larger audience on YouTube.
- When you need a free and simple video hosting option
- When specific viewer analytics aren’t as important to you
Benefits of Private Video
On the flip side, an alternative to public video hosting is using a private video sharing platform. Private video hosting, unlike public video sharing, is meant for individuals and teams who want to share files with each other that may contain private information and videos that aren’t meant for public audiences. Private video hosting services are more often used by businesses and teams where individuals need to send each other video content in a quick and efficient manner. Some reasons you would choose to use a video hosting platform as opposed to a public one include:
- If you plan on recording and sending more personalized videos for a specific individual or audience (typically used for business purposes)
- For privacy and control over who can access your videos
- If you need a quick, easy, and engaging solution for sending video content
- And lastly, if video tracking and analytics are valuable to your video strategy
The benefits of private video sharing
So far, we’ve covered the differences between public vs private video hosting, but we’re going to take a closer look at why you may need private video hosting services to fit all of your business needs. Most private platforms do come with a small cost, but typically also have more features and fewer limitations. Benefits of private video hosting for business include:
- Specific recipients – With a private video sharing service, you can send a tailored and personalized video message to one specific person rather than a large audience or for anyone to click and view your video.
- Makes sending easy and engaging – The best video hosting sites make it super easy to send videos by allowing you to simply copy and paste your video into a message or an email and can even include an animated GIF to act as a ‘cover photo’ for your video.
- Branded video landing page with CTA buttons – Private hosting sites allow you to send your video message with a branded video landing page with clickable call-to-action buttons that can drive action from your recipient.
- Detailed viewer analytics – You can also receive instant notifications when your video is viewed and you can see who watched your video, how many times it was watched, and if any CTA buttons were clicked.
- Customer support – Most private hosting services offer you customer support that can be used for training, strategy development, and to help with any issues that may arise along the way.
How to share a private video
Covideo is the best private video hosting platform that allows you to record and send videos for business. Covideo makes it easy to record, send, and track your videos all on one platform and does all of the heavy lifting for you. It lets you send your videos via email, text, or your favorite CRM platform. Users also have the option to create customized video landing pages and add call-to-action buttons on any of your videos to help prompt users to interact with your video and your brand. Best of all, you can track and view all of your video analytics. You can see who and when your video was viewed and exactly how many times it was watched.
With Covideo, you review unlimited storage, so you can record and upload as many videos as you wish and upload them all to your video hosting server. When you create a video and get ready to send it, the platform creates an animated GIF of your video which can help your message stand out in a cluttered inbox and can also increase click-through rates. These types of videos are often used by sales teams, recruiters, and can also be used in customer service. Sign up today for a free trial and we can show you how to share videos and why Covideo is the go-to option as opposed to other free private video hosting platforms. Let us help you step up your personal video hosting skills today!
Try free, unlimited video hosting for 7 days
If you’re looking for alternatives to other platforms like YouTube with more control over who watches your video then private video hosting is for you! Learn more about video hosting, the benefits, and a list of private video hosting sites by signing up for our free 7-day trial. With Covideo, you can record, send, and track an unlimited amount of videos free of charge with all of our standard features to see what it’s all about. Learn more about our demo now!