Sales closing techniques
Effective strategies to drive traffic, engage your prospects, and close more sales opportunities.
Close more sales with video messaging
Adding video to your sales outreach engages prospects and drives action, leading to more connections and better outcomes.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is a sales software used to easily record, send and track personalized video messages. Incorporating video throughout all stages of the sales process — prospecting, follow-ups, referrals — drives more connections and conversions.
Increase response rates
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip the impersonal interactions by incorporating a personalized video email into your outreach for a lasting first impression that resonates.
Keep prospects engaged
Use Covideo’s call-to-action buttons to share content like e-books, whitepapers, case studies, or to invite working prospects to webinars. Helpful resources like these add value and demonstrate the expertise and insights you bring along with your product/service.
Shorten the sales cycle
Delve into product overviews or address complex questions without sending lengthy, confusing emails or waiting weeks to coordinate calendars. Keep the lines of communication open and the timeline on schedule with a video your prospect can watch at their convenience.
Sales Closing Techniques
The end goal for any sales rep is to close the deal. With sales being such an important part of any business, we want to give you successful sales closing techniques, strategies, tips and more. That is why we will cover:
- How to close a sales deal
- Sales closing techniques
- Using video for closing sales
- Closing sales tips for automotive and real estate
How to close a sale
Closing the deal is the last stage of the sales process. Teams and reps are always on the hunt for tips and strategies for effective closing techniques to close more sales – faster too. Typically, getting to that last stage can take awhile. Maintaining good communication throughout the process, building trust from the start, and having extensive knowledge can help speed up the process. However, there is more to how to close a deal. To name a few:
- Provide a sense of urgency with the now or never technique. For example, “This price ends today! Don`t miss out!”
- Remind them of all the agreed upon points throughout your journey with them. Summarize it to really highlight all that they are getting in the bundle.
- A soft closing technique can work too if you don`t prefer anything too direct. Present the benefits your product or service offers without adding any immediate actions. For example, “Would you be interested in learning more if I could increase your response rates by 50%?”
Just remember that what closing techniques work best for you, may not be effective for someone else so it’s all about finding the right fit that you are comfortable with. If you are just starting out or having trouble finding what works for you, we recommend getting a mentor who can provide even more advice and direction!
Different types of sales closing techniques
There are so many different sales closing techniques out there. Not everyone thrives on the same technique for a sales closing. Phrases, questions, demeanor will look different for everyone – that is why variety is important. Here are some great sales phrases and different techniques to try out:
- The Columbo Close – leave the best part of your pitch at the end. Just when you think they will walk away, hit them with “just one more thing” and tell them the best part.
- The Puppy Dog Close – this is offering a low pressure deal to your prospect by letting them test out your product or service first. Most automotive dealerships use this technique.
- The Backwards Close – this uses typical after sales closing questions, like asking for referrals, to get the original prospect to buy. It relieves pressure from the prospect knowing you aren’t asking them to buy, while informing them of all the benefits and advantages you offer.
- The Takeaway Close – No one likes things being taken away, so this can be successful if your prospect is worried about cost. Review what they would normally get, but then suggest they forgo a cheaper route by taking away benefits.
Using video to close the deal
Video is one the most powerful sales tools available today. It takes the place of the plain text in an email. This just means that all the information in your message stays the same, but it’s delivered in a different format. This format is more engaging, eye-catching, more personalized, and overall effective. Covideo is one of the best video emailing platforms for recording and sending video emails at ease. We are a market leader and built for sales reps. The platform allows you to easily record and send videos that are embedded in the body of the email. That’s right, you no longer have to send a link to the video, worry about attachment sizes, or have your email get caught in spam. When your video is embedded, the recipient will see a video thumbnail immediately after opening the email. This is great for increasing engagement and click through rates. Likewise, the chance your prospect hears your message and responds improves as well!
Best car sales closing techniques
One of the biggest ticket items we buy throughout our lives is a vehicle. It’s a process because it’s such a big commitment. The automotive industry is a very competitive market – and so many people are moving towards a digital environment and purchasing cars online. Video is one of the best car sales closing techniques for this digital world. In fact, it’s one of the top five basic car sales closing techniques ever. Here are a few use cases from start to closing sales leads:
- Introductions for first lead response – this is the first impression, so it should be a good one. Put a face to a name and build trust from the start by introducing yourself with video.
- Car walkarounds – vehicle walkarounds are a staple piece for any dealership. They are one of the most used videos for them. You should show features, the interior, the exterior, the condition of the vehicle – especially if it is a used vehicle, and any other important detail.
- Appointment reminders – increase the chances of the buyer showing up to the appointment and your dealership by sending out video appointment reminders. Appointment reminders can be used for both sales meetings and service reminders as well.
- Inventory showcase – a car is a big purchase, and some buyers just aren’t sure what they want yet – and instead want options. Show off cars on the lot to give the buyer all the different options.
- Thank You after sale – this is a big one that can help with future sales. Thank them, congratulate them on their purchase, and ask for referrals.
If you want more ideas for a sample email to close a deal, download our ebook made for automotive dealerships or request a demo from an auto expert!
Real estate sales closing techniques
Another personable and expensive item we purchase throughout our lives is, of course, a home. Buyers are looking for the best customer service and realtor who will go above and beyond to make their home buying process as smooth as possible. Like we mentioned above, video is one of the best sales closing tactics – it`s how to close a deal in real estate too. Use video to get creative with your approach. Leave lasting impressions, build trust from the start, and provide exemplary customer service for all your clients. Even 73% of homeowners prefer to hire listing agents who use online video. So, here are four closing sales techniques examples that agents should be using:
- Introduction videos – this should be used to introduce yourself and what you represent. This is your chance to start out with a bang and separate yourself from other agents. You can have a script prepared before you record, but you don’t have to stick to it too much. Be as natural and fluent as possible.
- Property walkarounds – video walkarounds are huge today. Showcase all the client’s must -haves and more. Give them the real feel of a tour but from the comfort of wherever they are. Make sure to eliminate unnecessary background noise so that your audio is clear.
- Testimonials – video testimonials are a staple piece for agents. It can help gain trust of cold leads and even reach new leads to build your client base. Make sure the testimonial is genuine, and then share on social media, website, and emails.
- Neighborhood tours – these tour videos are multi-use and equally as important as the property walkaround ones. Provide your client with an immersive experience, not just at the property, but in the neighborhood as well. Show them important facilities like schools, groceries stores, gyms, parks, malls, etc – highlight whatever they deem as important for their lifestyle.
Check out our blog for more real estate closing tips!
The best sales closing techniques
We covered the most important closing conversation techniques, which all included video. Video is helping sales reps and teams all over to stay competitive in this digital era. No matter what industry you are in, it is a beneficial sales tool, especially for how to close a deal with a client. Video builds trust from the beginning, helps secure future leads, provides superior customer service, and more. These videos can be used throughout the entire sales process – from the introduction and beginning conversation, to how to close the sales call, and finishing with asking for referrals or a testimonial. See it live from an industry expert by requesting a demo!