When choosing a vehicle, buyers’ must-have lists vary. Some buyers are concerned with having the top safety features, such as a dependable braking system, while others may not care about the features at all. Instead, they might be interested in purchasing a vehicle that falls within their budget. Regardless of the requirements for each individual buyer, a car salesman must find the best vehicle that fits the customer’s needs.
Once the perfect vehicle is found, the sales rep needs to get the customer in the store to see for themselves. Of course, this is a lot more challenging than it sounds. Whether it’s due to time, distance from the dealership, or just lack of interest, customers have multiple reasons to not come into the dealership. So, it may take some creativity to encourage an in-store visit. And that starts with sending an auto walk around video.
Upgrade your car sales strategy
That’s when video comes in to save the day (again). Video gives sales reps the ability to show the customer the vehicle they’re interested in without having the customer step in the store. In the auto world, seeing is believing. Telling a customer about the new speaker system and leather seats isn’t as enticing as them seeing it for themselves – from the comfort of their own home. Nowadays, sales reps are recording videos for used and new car walkarounds, giving customers a 360-degree view of a vehicle.
In 2019, 72% of car buyers said they would visit dealerships more often if there was a better car buying process. Sending a personalized video recorded specifically for the customer provides a personalized view of the car, while creating a memorable experience. Video improves the car buying experience for customers and is the driving force behind getting the customer in the store to purchase the vehicle.
Check out this complete guide to recording the best used or new car walk around video.
How to record car walkarounds
Recording car dealership videos and more specifically, car walkarounds, does not take much time or effort. The process is as simple as stepping out on the lot, using a car video app to record your video, and sending it directly to the customer via email or text message. Take a look at the steps below for tips on how to record the best car walkarounds with video.
- Show a full side or front view of the vehicle to show the customer exactly what vehicle you’re recording.
- Walk around the exterior of the vehicle showcasing important features, such as the rims and turn signals.
- Be transparent and reveal any small scratches or dents so there are no surprises if the customer comes in to see it.
- Move to the interior and highlight any features the customer was asking about, such as the stereo system or seat material and color.
- Invite them to the store to see the car in person!
Sell more cars with car dealership videos
Auto walk around videos show customers the vehicles they’re interested in without the extra pressure of a sales rep on their back. Ultimately, this builds trust and a better relationship because they have the freedom to decide if they want to move forward with the sales process without the insistence of their sales rep. Including car walkarounds as one of your “sales rep tips and tricks” will lead to more sold vehicles and better customer experiences.
Likewise, don’t limit yourself to car walkarounds. There are so many types of car dealership videos that help get more prospects on the lot and leave with a new car. Here are some additional ideas for car dealership videos to send:
- First Response to Internet Leads – Have internet auto sales reps introduce themselves and your dealership to make a lasting, personalized impression.
- Appointment Reminders – Send video reminders of an upcoming appointment to increase show rates. Relay any additional information that may be necessary, like Covid-19 precautions they may have to take while in the store.
- Customer Thank Yous – The relationship doesn’t stop after the deal. Continue building the relationship after the transaction by sending a personalized thank you message and ask for any referrals.
- Service Updates – Eliminate the doubt surrounding service repairs. Use video to build trust and transparency with verified, recommended repairs.
See how other car dealerships and sales reps are using video, with our free eBook on auto sales email templates. This guide offers some auto reply email template ideas for your dealership. Filled with video examples and scripts, this eBook will give you insight into how to get more customers as a car salesman!
Ready to incorporate car dealership videos into your sales strategy?
Using an automotive video service is the easiest way to start sending car walkaround and additional car dealership videos. Covideo has been a market leader in the automotive video space since 2004. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of dealerships enhance their sales strategy with video, improve the car buying experience, and sell more cars.
Covideo offers a mobile app, SMS texting capabilities, access to WheelsTV library of videos, and auto sales training from our video experts. To learn more about using video in the sales process, request a demo and someone from our auto team will show you the ropes.