The easiest method
to text videos
No more file size errors or quality reduction. Text videos at ease
from your mobile phone with Covideo.
How to text videos with Covideo
Covideo’s mobile app allows you to easily record a video message and text it at ease. Available for iPhone and Android.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track video messages. Cut through the noise with the simple solution built for smarter outreach.
Breakthrough the noise of a busy inbox by delivering eye-catching video email campaigns that engage your audience and drive action. Promote your next event, showcase your newest product, or share the people and stories behind your brand.
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip impersonal interactions by incorporating personalized video emails into your outreach for prospecting, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Delight customers with personalized experiences that keep them coming back and telling others. Reduce the risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding by providing a visual demonstration with a detailed explanation in video format.
Figuring out how to send video to text message conversations is almost as difficult as figuring out how to email videos, but it doesn’t have to be! Texting videos is an essential part of communicating and is often required in a lot of different scenarios. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about texting videos and we’ll also highlight some of these specific topics as well:
- What is a video message text?
- Common issues with video SMS messages
- How to text a video
- Send message video with Covideo
What is a video text message?
A text message video is essentially an SMS message that contains either a video attachment or a link to a video. Text videos can be used for both personal and business purposes. You might find yourself wanting to send a video text when sharing a funny YouTube clip you saw with a friend or sharing sentimental home videos with family members. On the flip side, a text video can also be used professionally. Text message video marketing has grown in popularity in the last decade as texting becomes more and more of an efficient way to communicate with customers, clients, and team members. Using videos in your marketing campaigns can make them more powerful and memorable. By adding videos to your text marketing strategy, you can combine two marketing forms for the highest customer engagement.
Figuring out how to send a video in text message format isn’t always as easy as we would like it to be. Luckily, we’ve outlined some easy solutions and highlighted some methods that makes sending videos as a message super easy and quick.
Text videos: Common issues
When attempting to send video text messages, there are a few common issues that tend to arise. These issues can make it difficult to successfully send a video text. These issues may be small or tedious to deal with but can end up having some serious effects, especially if you’re relying on video messages for your marketing campaign. Some of these common issues include:
- File size – Video files that are larger than the average text message clip (think either a GIF or a video that is 2 seconds long) may be impossible to text and can get lost or left as undelivered.
- Length of time – Videos send as attachments to a text message may take a long time to send and can take even longer to receive on the viewers end.
- Video quality – Depending on your internet connection or cellular service its common to receive and send blurry videos over text. This can be frustrating for a viewer who wants to see all of the details in a video.
- Large videos – Videos that are either on the longer side or tend to have larger file sizes can be very difficult to send. If your video is more than a few seconds long, your text message will either take a very long time to send or will end up being blurry with reduced video quality.
Fortunately, we have a solution that makes it easy to text videos without reducing the quality of your videos, regardless of how large or small they are. The perfect solution can help you figure out how to send long videos on imessage, how to send large videos through text on Android, and best of all, how to text a video that is too large to send in a traditional SMS message. Keep reading to find out what it is!
How to send a video through text
Covideo is the perfect solution to easily record, send, and track video messages through both text and email. At covideo, we can show you how to send a video in a text message without losing quality, or length. Covideo does all of the heavy lifting for you and makes it easy to send personalized video messages to family and friends, and can also be used for your professional marketing strategies. When you make a text message video using Covideo’s software, you have the ability to see when that video is viewed, how many times it was viewed, and exactly who watched it. Covideo even lets you convert video for text message purposes with just a few simple steps. Below, we’ve listed these steps that show you how to send videos across all types of smartphones, so if you’re wondering how to send a video through text message on iPhone or how to send a video via text message on Android, we’ve got you covered.
- Step 1. Log into your Mobile App
Once logged into the Covideo mobile app, you can either record a new video or press the “X” at the top right to access your library.
- Step 2. Locate the video you want to text
Find your video by scrolling or using the search bar at the top of your video library. Once you find the video, you want to text out and select the “Share” icon.
- Step 3. Check your video landing page and calls-to-actions
Select your template and exit links, and then click “Share” at the top right.
- Step 4. Select your texting application
Enter in the contact or phone number in the “To:” field
- Step 5. Click send!
Congratulations! You have just sent out a video by text!
Additional methods on how to send a video by text
If you’re still wondering, how can I text a video, without using Covideo, we’ve got you covered for that as well. If you’re trying to go a different route, we listed a few more options and additional ways to text videos.
- Traditional phone applications – One of the most obvious options but one that doesn’t require any additional steps is to use your phone’s built in text messaging software. On iPhones, users can use iMessage to send video texts. Though if you’re planning on sending videos this way, keep in mind that they need to be short enough to send easily and you can also anticipate reduced video quality.
- YouTube – You also have the option of uploading your videos to YouTube. You can just copy and past your video link into your text message to send videos without having to send large files. This option is great for videos that you don’t mind being publicly accessible.
- Google Drive – Google Drive works similarly in that you can upload your videos to your drive and just send a link to access your video. Google Drive can also show you how to send a video through email from phone with their specific apps since Google Drive is usually connected to an email account.
Send free video text messages
As we’ve discussed, video texts can be used for both personal and professional reasons. If you’re using text messaging for business and marketing purposes, you will want to make sure you have consent before sending promotions messages to consumers. There are also some state regulations in place to protect consumers privacy so make sure that your marketing time is adhering to those regulations. These restrictions don’t apply to 1:1 relationships and if customers, clients, or prospects have shared that texting is their preferred method of communication and is the best way to reach them, you should be able to send videos to them as well. It’s always important to use your best judgement when decided on whether on not to hit that send button!
If you’re still wondering “how do I send a video via text” or if you’re looking for that perfect solution for how to send videos via text message in a quick and efficient way, look no further, and sign up for Covideo today! With Covideo, you can use video recording software free of charge with all of our standard features to see what it’s all about. Try it out for 7-days to kickstart using video texts in your marketing campaign today; no credit card required! Learn more about our demo now!