Why video content is more effective
Adding video to your outreach engages your audience and drives action, leading to more connections and better outcomes.
Why video over text?
Video is more attention grabbing than plain text – it’s also more memorable, establishes a connection, and drives higher retention rates.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track video emails for business. Cut through the noise with the simple solution built for smarter outreach.
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip impersonal interactions by incorporating personalized video emails into your outreach for prospecting, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Breakthrough the noise of a busy inbox by delivering eye-catching video email campaigns that engage your audience and drive action. Promote your next event, showcase your newest product, or share the people and stories behind your brand.
Delight customers with personalized experiences that keep them coming back and telling others. Reduce the risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding by providing a visual demonstration with a detailed explanation in video format.
Why Video is A Must-Have for Business Communication
Video is by far the most popular medium on the Internet. From funny cat videos to marketing videos, there’s no doubt that people love video content. But why video for business? The importance of videography cannot be underestimated. Video gives us the ability to communicate both verbally and nonverbally. According to PsychPedia, “Nonverbal communication plays a significant role in our lives, as it can improve a person’s ability to relate, engage, and establish meaningful interactions in everyday life.” Nonverbal communication with a client or potential customer increases trust, transparency and humanizes the buying process.
From the importance of video in education to the importance of video marketing for business, video content is vital in 2021. That’s why companies will benefit from video messages. You’ll have a platform to display positive nonverbal communication that increases your credibility and trustworthiness will help you land a deal. Allowing your recipients to see firsthand, your actions and facial expressions align with your words will help form a better connection in future interactions. Without a video, your efforts are wasted and faceless, phone calls since clients or prospects have no way of reading your nonverbal communication.
Why video is so effective in marketing
Video as a marketing tool is like fishing with the most eye-catching bait. Besides video being very attractive to a recipient, the reasons to use video in marketing are pretty straightforward. According to one recent study, a massive 89% of video marketers say that video email marketing gives them a very satisfying return on investment. Also, they noted it improves lead generation, website traffic, and sales overall. So why is video so effective in marketing? Because unlike faceless emails, a video puts a face to the name. If you’re now thinking, “great, now I have to invest in a professional videographer,” don’t fret! With an online video platform, your marketing and sales team can create personalized video messages that can be shared via text, Gmail, Outlook, CRMs, and many other marketing platforms. The importance of video marketing with an online video marketing platform comes down to the ability to track your viewers’ engagement levels.
Video marketing strategy
The importance of online video marketing comes down to the engagement of your videos. A good video marketing strategy needs to include: a positive customer experience, the ability to track your success, improve open rates, generate referrals, and differentiates you from your competitors. When you open a video message, you’re greeted with a gif of the sender smiling and waving with your name on a whiteboard. Many often respond positively, raving about the innovation and love the personal touch the video provides. After recording and sending your videos out, track their success to determine their effectiveness. Receive real-time notifications when your video has been viewed, which allows you to time your follow-ups when your message is top of mind. Likewise, you’re able to see who watched your video and how many times it was watched. Personalized video messages achieve top of mind awareness in your prospects. By sending regular, consistent, branded messages, you create a familiarity that, in turn, builds credibility and trust. Their loyalty, once secured, often lasts a lifetime. This is the most valuable marketing benefit! Video email marketing helps you establish and maintain solid relationships with your customers. With video communication, it feels like you’re communicating face-to-face rather than device-to-device. This type of video marketing strategy is becoming more apparent in industries like automotive, higher education, real estate, network marketing, technology, and many more. Why video marketing is so important and why video marketing is so powerful is better explained first hand. Start a free trial to experience video email in your marketing.
Okay…so why video?
As mentioned, we are currently living in the age of video. We’ve talked about some of the benefits of video marketing and the use cases video offers. However, you still may be questioning, “Why video?” or “How to use video beyond the marketing department?” We consider video one of the most integral parts of our sales, marketing, and customer service strategies, and here’s why you should too.
- Attention-grabbing: Our inboxes are flooded with content. It’s easy to skim over emails or immediately click delete. Sending a video is the best way to stand out in a crowded inbox and capture your recipient’s attention. That’s why more and more sales reps are using video messages throughout their sales process. By sending prospecting messages, follow-ups, and important information over in the form of a video, their message is more likely to be seen and engaged with. Similarly, marketers use a video content marketing strategy to create engaging campaigns that reach their audience and drive action.
- Higher retention rates: Once you’ve grabbed the attention of your audience, then you need to keep it. Your audience is more likely to stay engaged if the message is delivered in the form of a video. Think: would you instead read a lengthy email or article or just watch a video? Easy answer. And statistics prove it. Research suggests individuals spend 88% more time on websites that have videos.
- More memorable: Once your audience is engaged and interacting with your message, you want to make sure your brand stays top of mind. Video messages leave a lasting impression, but 95% of a message is remembered when watching a video as opposed to just 10% for text.
These are considered just a few of the many video marketing benefits and can be applied to other dimensions of your business. In sales, you want to stand out and reach your audience, increase engagement and responses, and overall leave a strong impression. The same goes for customer success. Top-notch customer service pays dividends in the long run, and sending personalized video messages to your customers will set you up for long term success.
Types of video content
Okay, so we’ve touched on the importance of video content, but it’s important to note that there are many different types of videos your business can create. Additionally, different types of videos serve different purposes. For example, Ted Talk videos are geared to inspire, entertain, and educate the audience. Viral videos are typically created purely for entertainment and designed for social media. The same concept exists for business videos: there are many options to choose from. This is why videos for business have gained such popularity because they’re engaging, effective, and versatile. Here are a few different types of videos you can create for your business.
- Explainer videos: Explainer videos are short videos that provide an overview of your company’s products and services. Typically, these videos live on your website’s homepage or a landing page.
- Video Testimonials: Have satisfied customers share their experience with your brand with a customer testimonial video. Research suggests 92% of customers said they look to testimonials before making a purchase decision. Over 70% of participants said positive video testimonials significantly increased their trust in that business to top it off. Capturing these testimonials in video aids their effectiveness since video conveys more emotion and authenticity.
- Social media videos: Social media videos create brand awareness and drive traffic to your website.
- Personalized video messages: Personalized video messages are hyper-personalized, one-off messages recorded and sent via email or text. These videos are authentic, sincere, and commonly used in sales, customer service, internally, and marketing purposes.
- Company culture: Show off your people, company values, and what life is like at the office with a company culture video. These videos are a great addition to your career or about pages on your website.
- How-to videos: How-to videos demonstrate how to perform a specific task at hand. These types of videos are commonly found on Youtube and are also used frequently amongst customer service teams to help customers solve a problem.
The power of video in your business communication
We hope that we answered all of your burning questions regarding “Why do video” and have shown you the importance of video content. The power of video can truly not be understated. If video marketing statistics, 2020 style, have shown us anything, it’s that video is one of the most powerful forms of content for businesses to use today, and there’s no sign of it slowing down. Start the new year off strong with an effective and powerful business strategy that incorporates video into all aspects of your company (sales, marketing, customer service, customer success, etc.).
You can even get ahead of the game and start today with Start a free trial. No credit card is required.