If your business has tried conventional marketing (print, TV, radio, direct mail) with less than stellar results, now may be the time for you to embrace SMS video text messaging as a marketing tool. Here are some compelling statistics.
Studies show that 83% of all US adults use a cell phone and 73% of them regularly send and receive text messages. Over 9.6 trillion text messages were sent in 2012. 30% of consumers interact with brands via text message and of those consumers, nearly 50% would like to receive text ads. Text message users in the US send or receive an average of 35 messages daily. Among smartphone users, 22% say texting is the top function they cannot do without, followed by the Internet (17%) and Email (16%).
While these statistics alone get my attention, I want to really make the case by offering 7 real-world advantages of using video text message marketing to promote your brand and sell products.
Advantages of Video Text Message Marketing:
- Your contacts almost always have their cell phones on (and with them), so you know your message is being delivered.
- SMS is delivered quickly; no printing, scheduling or postal delays to contend with.
- Over 95% of text messages are read within 15 minutes of being received. This is great news for anyone sending time-sensitive videos for things like 1-day sales events, contract negotiations, appointment reminders and more. That means your videos will be viewed while the information is hot.
- Only people who have requested information from you, or people already your customers will receive these messages, allowing you to send targeted information for better results.
- Coupons and special offers made through SMS messaging average a 20% redemption rate compared to 2% for print, TV, radio or direct mail offers. Additionally, 31% of smartphone users prefer offers received via text message over offers received via Mobile Web (21%), Apps (11%), and Voicemail (8%).
- It’s cost-effective. Compared to traditional forms of advertising, text messages are a bargain. The less you spend converting a prospect or re-engaging a customer, means a higher ROI for you.
- Videotext messaging sets you apart from your competitors. Businesses can move slowly when it comes to change. Being among the first to adopt new technology gives you special recognition in the eyes of consumers eager to try the next big thing.
The essential ingredient here is the inclusion of video in the text message. Consumers are rapidly moving to video as their information source of choice, due in part to its visually pleasing and entertaining aspects. But more than that, it allows them to connect on a personal level to the message they are receiving. That sense of connection drives engagement and motivates action, and that’s a huge marketing advantage.
As you can see the reasons for using video text message marketing are pretty clear and that’s why we’ve added it to our mobile apps for iPhone and Android devices. If you are a Covideo customer and your account package includes the mobile app feature, select the SMS option the next time you send a video. If your current Covideo account doesn’t include the mobile app, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can add it.
Not a Covideo user yet? Stay a step ahead of your competitors! Start a Free Trial today and make video email and video text messaging the secret ingredients of your marketing success!
Jamie Bidwell is a team member at www.covideo.com. Covideo provides video email software that helps companies build relationships quickly and reinforce their brands more effectively with easy-to-make video emails that truly communicate. email@example.com