Learn how to increase conversion rates with video
Discover why video is the most effective strategy to increase conversion rates for your website, emails, and sales opportunities.
Boost engagement with video
In order to increase conversions, you first need to focus on communicating in an effective and engaging format.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track video messages. Incorporating video in your outreach is the #1 way to instantly boost conversion rates.
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip impersonal interactions by incorporating personalized video emails into your outreach for prospecting, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Breakthrough the noise of a busy inbox by delivering eye-catching video email campaigns that engage your audience and drive action. Promote your next event, showcase your newest product, or share the people and stories behind your brand.
Delight customers with personalized experiences that keep them coming back and telling others. Reduce the risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding by providing a visual demonstration with a detailed explanation in video format.
How To Increase Conversion Rate
Nearly every business owner, sales rep, marketer or recruiter is always on the lookout for new strategies and insight to increase their conversion rates. So if you’re one of those individuals wondering how can you improve conversion rates, this article’s for you. We offer actionable insights for increasing conversion rates on your website, emails, and sales opportunities. More specially, we cover:
- An overview of conversion rates – what they are and why they matter
- How to increase conversion rate for sales ops
- How to increase conversion rate in your emails
- How to increase conversion rates on your website
A guide to improve conversion rate
Chances are, conversion rates mean something different to every company, department, and team. Regardless of what you’re tracking, a higher conversion rate is always the dream. To put it simply, a conversion occurs when an individual completes a specific action you had in place. For example, your goal might be having a visitor fill out a contact form on your website, sign up for an event, subscribe to a newsletter, or download a guide. Tracking conversions provides you with actionable insights, giving you a better understanding of how your goals are performing. If you want website visitors to sign up for a Get Covideo Free on your website, then it’s important to measure that number so you can refine and adjust your strategy based on its success.
Increasing conversion rates is no simple task. It requires time, analytics, dedication, and even a bit of trial and error. What works for one company, may not work for another. So it’s important to dive in and discover a conversion strategy that works best for you. With that in mind, there are some universal elements that are known to increase conversions. We’ll share some of our best tips for experiencing conversion growth on your sales ops, in your emails, and on your website.
Increasing sales conversion rates
In this section, we’ll focus on increasing your sales conversion rate. More specifically, we’re focusing on leads that your sales reps are working with directly and moving through the sales process. We will be narrowing in on five strategies to increase sales conversion rate and how to move leads through the sales funnel until they are closed-won deals.
1. Be selective & focus on valuable prospects
Whether you’re in sales or marketing, targeting the right people is going to automatically improve sales conversion rate. Seek out prospects that will see the most benefit from your product or service. These are individuals who experience specific pain points on regular basis, ones that your company helps solve. While it may take longer to find the best-fit prospects, you’ll save time in the long run since you won’t be wasting time and energy on prospects that won’t see much benefit on what you have to offer. Likewise, as you move prospects through the funnel you should have a better idea on which ones you can truly help and are more likely to close. The ones you feel confident in, send more materials for them to learn about your business, share testimonials, or offer a custom discount. It’s okay to redirect more focus on them, it will pay off in the long run. But, don’t neglect your other prospects in your pipeline. It’s all about finding that balance.
2. Offer valuable content at each stage of the sales funnel
Simplistically, the sales funnel can be broken down into three stages: discovery, consideration, and purchase. Depending on which stage your prospect is in, send the right type of content that will drive them into that next stage.
- When a prospect is in the initial discovery stage – Share videos, blog posts, infographics, and encourage them to follow your business on social media. This helps prospects become more familiar with your product and see its value.
- When a prospect is in the consideration stage – Share ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, webinars, or comparison sheets. Your prospect is doing research to determine whether they need your product or service, and how you compare to competitors. You want to build trust and credibility and show that your solution is the best option.
- When a prospect is in the purchase stage – Customer testimonials, promo codes/discounts, Get Covideo Frees, audits FAQs, and demos. You want to provide content that addresses any hesitations your prospect has, gives them direct access to what you have to offer, and build trust and credibility as they come to a final decision.
3. Always set the next meeting on the meeting
This tip is simple. When you’re currently meeting with a prospect, before the meeting ends, always set a time for when you’ll meet again. And give them an idea of what you’ll discuss at that next step. Not only does this strategy prevent your prospect from ghosting, but it speeds up the sales cycle as well.
4. Use video throughout the sales process
Using video throughout the sales process is one of the best ways to increase your sales conversion rates. Why? Video allows you to humanize the sales process, build trust, communicate effectively, and sell how you would in person. Research shows that sales conversions are 94% higher when a video webcam is used. You may be thinking of using Zoom for live meetings, but you can actually (and should) use video throughout the entire sales process.
Video email platforms like Covideo, allow you to record and send personalized videos and send them at ease. These allow you to communicate your message with video, but they still have the convenience of an email. No schedule coordinating is necessary, so you can get more facetime with prospects whenever you wish. Best of all, these videos embed in the body of your email – so they naturally grab your prospect’s attention. Use video email for prospecting, follow ups, any important updates, meeting recaps, or even saying thank you after a closed-won deal.
5. Create an experience for your prospects
Setting up a positive experience for the prospect will increase your conversions overall. This is because psychologically, the prospect has enjoyed interacting with you, they believe in your brand, and you’ve given them a glimpse at what it’s like to work with you. One way to create a positive experience is to personalize the sales process. Video is a great way to do so, because it allows you to speak directly to your customers and make a positive impression from that very first interaction – especially if using video for prospecting. In addition, video allows you to humanize yourself throughout the sales process which is another element for creating a great selling experience. When the prospect sees you as human, they find you more relatable, trustworthy, and understanding. All of these factors are critical when it comes to closing sales and improving your customer conversion rate.
Increasingemail conversion rate
Typically, when you are looking at your average email conversion rate, you are doing a form of email marketing. An email marketing conversion rate is the percentage of viewers who complete a goal action after reading your email. Your goal action, or conversion, is what you want the reader to when they open and read your email. These goals can vary depending on the purpose of your emails – if you may want the reader to click on a promo, visit your website, schedule a call, etc. To find your email conversion rate, you should divide the number of conversions by the number of emails that were delivered. Regardless of what your goals are, we have a few universal strategies to improve your b2b email marketing conversion rate. Here are our favorite tips on how to boost conversion rate in your emails:
- Create effective subject lines – If you want to know how to improve conversion rate, start with a compelling subject line. Your subject line is the main determinant if your email gets opened. Keep subject lines short, clever, relevant, personalized, and valuable.
- Use video – Including a video in your emails improves engagement and click-through rates together. Your viewers are more likely to watch a video rather than reading a lengthy bulk of text. With that, your message is more likely to be heard and from there, your reader is more likely to convert. Bonus: using the word “video” in subject lines will boost open rates by 19%.
- Include effective CTA – Your emails should always have a clear goal in mind. If not, then what’s the purpose of sending another email that crowds the inbox? Make your CTA clear and strong so the reader is directly guided to perform that next action. Bonus – end your video’s with a CTA so viewers know what to do next.
- Measure other email metrics – Before you can optimize your emails for conversion, your other email metrics need to be strong. If your open rates are low, try testing out new subject lines. If your click-through rates are low, try adding in a video, or adjust the length of your email. You need to make sure that your emails are in tip-top shape before you can expect the reader to convert. They should have a consistent flow, so the reader is fully engaged, and when the reader reaches the end, they are prompted with a next step.
How to increase your website conversion rate
To increase online conversion rates your website can start by utilizing A/B testing, developing stronger CTAs, and communicating your value proposition. Developing stronger CTAs can profoundly affect your website’s conversion rates. Recently, HubSpot found that anchor text CTAs increased conversion rates by 121%. HubSpot isn’t the only one that found success, Helzberg Diamonds saw a 26% increase in clicks by adding an arrow icon to their CTA buttons.
Learning how to get more conversions starts with understanding what’s working and what needs to get improved. Does your website communicate your value proposition? If not, what could you add to let your visitors know why your company exists? Use an engaging video or video testimonials to showcase your value proposition. Your website needs to address a problem and how your company is here to solve it. A great value proposition can increase the lead conversion rate by answering your visitor’s pain point immediately. Learning how to increase lead conversion rate takes research, testing, and creativity.
- A/B testing – A/B testing is a great tool for marketers to make data-proven decisions about changes to their website. Test anything and everything on your website. Test a new headline against the original one and see which one performs better.
- Stronger CTA Buttons – Call-to-action buttons tell viewers what steps they should take next. Do you have just scheduled a call or do you offer a Get Covideo Free button? These CTAs are a huge factor in your website’s conversion rate.
- Communicate Value Proposition – Do your viewers understand what your company’s purpose is when they and on the home page? Consider adding a video or a video testimonial to help explain your company’s values proposition and engage your audience.
Improve conversion rates today
How to increase your conversion rate is always a marketer’s goal. From this article, we’ve recommended how to boost conversion in emails, sales, and on your website. In your emails, your team should include effective subject lines, including a video in your emails that improves engagement and click-through rates together, have a clear CTA, and compare other email metrics.
We also focused on increasing your sales conversion rate. We recommend five strategies to increase sales conversion rate and how to move leads through the sales funnel until they are closed-won deals. To increase conversions in the sales process, we suggest selecting and focusing on valuable prospects, offer valuable content at each stage of the sales funnel, always set the next meeting on the meeting, use video throughout the sales process, and last, but never least, create a positive experience for your prospects.
Lastly, for those that want to learn how to increase your website conversion rate we recommend A/B testing, strong CTA buttons, and communicating your value proposition.
If you are interested in learning how to incorporate video into your sales and marketing communication, schedule a demo with a video expert. Or, sign up for a Get Covideo Free with Covideo, a video messaging platform.