The best sales tips that drive conversions
Adding video to your sales outreach engages prospects and drives action, leading to more connections and better outcomes.
Our go-to method
to increase sales
Increase responses, engagement, and conversions by incorporating video throughout your sales outreach.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is sales tool used to easily record, send and track personalized video messages. Incorporating video into your outreach increases overall engagement and conversions, making it an effective and innovative sales technique.
Increase response rates
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip the impersonal interactions by incorporating a personalized video email into your outreach for a lasting first impression that resonates.
Keep prospects engaged
Use Covideo’s call-to-action buttons to share content like e-books, whitepapers, case studies, or to invite working prospects to webinars. Helpful resources like these add value and demonstrate the expertise and insights you bring along with your product/service.
Shorten the sales cycle
Delve into product overviews or address complex questions without sending lengthy, confusing emails or waiting weeks to coordinate calendars. Keep the lines of communication open and the timeline on schedule with a video your prospect can watch at their convenience.
Finding effective sales tips can be tough and might even take a lot of research with how fast trends change. That is why we created a one stop shop for all things sales tips, best practices, methods/techniques, advice, etc. More specifically, in this article we will cover:
- Selling methods & approaches
- Best sales techniques
- Sales calls tips
- How to be successful in sales
Sales Tips and Tricks
This article is built for both beginners looking for the sales basics, or veterans in search of some new sales advice or ideas to modernize their approach. With today’s virtual environment that means a lot of video but with more personalization. Regardless, there is something in this article for everyone. All sales peoples have the same intentions in mind – meet goals, experience success, and help your customers along the way. Those intentions and goals are just basic sales 101. We all wish there was some sort of secret that leads to sales success and chances are if there was one thing that you could do to increase sales, you would. However, it takes experience, skill, time, dedication, and persistence. There are a few sales tricks that you can incorporate into your selling style that will send you on the right path to boost your sales.
Are you wondering what is the recommended selling approach for the best success? If you are, then you will want to use a combination of all of the following sales methods, not just one specifically. Here are the most popular and effective options:
- Emailing: Emailing has been around for years. It has become a huge staple for marketers and sales reps to reach prospects and raise brand awareness. Majority of people prefer an email over a cold call.
- Video Messages: Video messaging is a new sales technique. This method provides extreme payoff by the benefits of standing out in the inbox, putting a face to a name, building trust, etc. Covideo is a market leader for this. Covideo allows you to record, send, and track personalized video messages. Some common use cases include prospecting, meeting reminders, follow ups, and thank yous. Video messaging has the value of communicating in person or with video, but the convenience of an email because they can watch on their own time.
- Phone Calls: Calls are still relevant today and used throughout the entire sales process.
- Live Meetings/video conferencing: Web meetings are great for live demos for those that are unable to meet in-person.
- Face to Face/In Person: In person meetings for sales pitches and demos are occurring less and less due to the convenience of doing it virtually. However, they can still be effective.
All of these are wonderful on their own, but to have the best sales approach, you will need to have a combination of all.
Selling techniques & sales best practices
As mentioned above, we don’t recommend just one best technique. Instead, the best sales strategies use a combination of multiple sales styles, strategies and more to find what works best for them. What might work for someone could be a complete fail for someone else – it all depends on a number of factors including the industry, team size, environment, or even your personality and preferred style. Below are just a few of our best sales tips and top sales skills to use for selling more efficiently and effectively.
- Personalization: This is extremely important for businesses. According to Forbes, “71% of consumers feel frustrated when a shopping experience is impersonal.” Personalized touches to the buying/sales process adds high value for any company and will ultimately impact the bottom link.
- Building trust: Trust also adds value in a variety of ways, individuals and teams are also more likely to recommend your product to others if they trust you. A great way to build trust with someone you’re selling to is to use a product like Covideo to send personalized video messages.
- Listen and provide action: You have to genuinely hear and understand your prospects’ pain points and show them a solution to those pain points. You can use the information the prospects give you to demonstrate how your product or service can help them and benefit them. Sales shouldn’t be a one size fits all solution. When ‘providing value’ to your customer, you can reference and share different experiences and use cases that have to do with your product.
- End outreach, meetings, etc. with CTA: You should always end every outreach with a CTA, whether that be a phone call, an email, or a prospecting video follow up. While this may feel a bit uncomfortable the first few times, it eliminates an additional step of having to call and reach out and put something on the calendar after your meeting is done. This makes it significantly more difficult for leads to ignore you. This is a great sales technique. Closing with a CTA can guide your lead through the selling process and you’re more likely to have higher conversion rates.
- Use video in the sales process: The best sales strategies incorporate video throughout the entire sales process. Use video for prospecting, follow-ups, thank yous, and more. It’s a powerful way to build trust and connections with prospects and make your communication more efficient and effective.
You can do all of this by using Covideo, a video messaging platform that allows you to place emphasis on personalization and confidence. You can share via email, text, and even social!
Phones Sales Tips
We know that every sale and prospect has got to start somewhere. Typically in outbound sales, that starts with the dreaded cold call. No one really enjoys cold calling, but they are essential for businesses and their initial growth. We have compiled some of our best sales call tips that will hopefully make these calls easier and more effective. Here are our top 5 cold calling sales tips:
- Prospecting: Take your time and find the right prospects. Your time is valuable and you should not waste it calling people who aren`t a good fit for your product/service.
- Tone and timing: Sound energetic and confident yet professional. State your name and company, but pause before proceeding with your script. This makes the prospect think you know them and it gives them time to try to figure out how you would know each other.
- Be creative: Have a tailored and unique opener. It shouldn’t be a one size fits all. People’s attention spans get shorter and shorter, open with something that will grab their attention.
- Questions: It’s extremely important to ask questions. This where you find pain points and gain more insight on the market you are trying to sell to. It’s also important to ask open ended questions. Stay away from the yes or no questions.
- Time your follow ups: If you send a video email beforehand, you’ll receive real time notifications that allow you to follow up when your message is top of mind
Remember these sales tips. On the phone or via email cold outreach can be beneficial and doesn’t have to be dreaded. Take your time and invest in the right prospects and tools!
How to be a good salesman
A career in sales takes motivation, dedication, and effort. Each salesperson is probably striving to be great, but first, you have to learn how to be a good salesperson. That takes being genuine, listening, being trustworthy, and embodying those classic sales skills. After good comes better. Once you have achieved good, you may be wondering how to be a better salesman. You need to do something different to stand out – that thing can be video. Incorporate video into your process to continue building that relationship, offer full transparency and maintain trust. Like previously mentioned, many want to strive for greatness. So that leaves us with how to be a great salesman. You should really focus on the value of personalization. Personalize with video throughout the entire process by writing the prospects’ names on white boards, going above and beyond for your customers, providing in depth follow ups after conversations, explaining complex material concisely, and saying thank you after an opportunity (whether won or lost). Take your sales skills to the next level with these recommendations and watch your results increase!
Start seeing sales success today
Video brings a lot of value to the entire sales process, start to finish. A platform like Covideo allows you to personalize your video messages, stand out in the inboxes, make a human connection in this digital age, build trust when you can`t be face to face, make a great first impression for leads, and increase sales. Now that you have heard our closing sales tips, best practices, new selling ideas to incorporate into your strategy, the only thing left to do is get started. Sign up for a Get Covideo Free – you don’t even have to input a credit card!