The burgeoning social media revolution has invented new ways to engage audiences. With the increase in popularity of applications and websites like Vine, Instagram and Pinterest, it is obvious that audiences engage and respond more to visual elements. Did you know that videos are shared on Facebook 12 times more than text posts and links combined, according to Hubspot?
If you took a minute to assess your own digital behavior, you would probably notice that you share and engage more with photos, graphics, infographics, GIFs, videos, etc.
There are many statistics out there about the importance of incorporating visual content into marketing efforts, but it can be overwhelming to find the best visual piece among millions of options. After researching the topic, we wanted to share some findings that we feel sum up why video and visuals are King of the Social Media World.
- Viewers spend an average of 3 minutes on web pages with videos versus only 1.5 minutes on pages without videos (MarketingSherpa)
- Visual content encourages engagement. For example, one month after Facebook launched its timeline for brands, visual content engagement increased by 65% (Simply Measured)
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching videos, and every day, 100 million Internet users watch an online video (DigitalSherpa)
- Three out of four viewers of online videos will visit a marketer’s website after viewing (DigitalSherpa)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video (Internet Retailer)
What do these statistics mean to you and your company? Everything. The proof is in the numbers; visual content increases customer interest and ultimately encourages sales. Try it for your company!